View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 01:06 PM   #27
Fervid09
Side-Kick

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more]

DOFP is doing a good job with its marketing so far, and other than the appeal of its excellent cast old and new, I think it might do better in the box office than we all expect, with one of the reasons being: the new fanbase revolving Charles/Erik relationship.

We all have our ideas about their frenemies status, but the fact of the matter is that XM:FC did a great job focusing on their bro moments and the chemistry between Fassbender and McAvoy brought a lot of people into a frenzy. They're all over Twitter and Tumblr. Fanmade YouTube videos dedicated to Charles/Erik, Fassbender/McAvoy have hundred thousand views. They're pretty serious about it. I know some people who barely knew anything about the X-men before they saw First Class immediately went to go download/buy/rent the first three movies and cartoons just to see the interactions between Professor X and Magneto and understand more from their relationship. And when they heard that DOFP will feature both versions of the characters, needless to say that they can't wait to see this movie. I even heard of some people going into the Wolverine movie just to see the post-credits scene, lol.

Admittedly, it's not something that will make DOFP the highest grossing film of all time, but never underestimate the power of obsessed slash fangirls, lol.