View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 02:54 PM   #47
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Raimi's Spider-Man had the hype for being the very first Spider-Man film, I don't count that low budget garbage that was from the 80s(or early 90s, don't remember).

If the films had been reversed and Webb's The Amazing Spider-Man came out first, it would have probably done just as well as Raimi's first film.

Like I said before, the movie most likely won't make more than the first film, I don't recall that many sequels in the past achieving that anyways, but I don't think it will bomb or fall flat at the BO. It's all about how they sell the film to the GA, the trailers better have some great action to get asses in the seats. One of the problems with Webb's first film(other than being an unnecessary reboot) was the action was kind of boring. Also, I wouldn't doubt if a good number of people were so used to Macguire and that cast that they couldn't get into to the new one. Reminds me of a lot of the over the top hate towards Man of Steel, a lot of which amounted to "it's not Christopher Reeve anymore whaaaaa!"
I think the origin redone was seen as unnesseaary

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!