View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 09:59 PM   #154
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Default Re: Is orgins still apart of the timeline now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
There is no way in hell that they will invalidate The Last Stand after The Wolverine directly referenced it.

Anyone expecting otherwise needs to stop deluding themselves.

Singer has said that there will be continuity maintained, but that he's also going to be making some changes.

This means 'altered timeline', not 'alternate timeline', so, no, Origins: Wolverine and The Last Stand aren't going to be excised from having occurred even if you think that they ought to be.
All The Wolverine referenced is that Wolverine killed Jean because she was hurting people, they could easily change tons of the events that happened in X3 and still keep that moment. Though it's a moot point really, since The Wolverine takes place before DOFP and is subject to change as well.

Now, do I think they'll do a Star Trek and create and Alternate timeline? No, probably not, but how much they'll change is up to anybody's guess. They could change a ton.

Heck, the continuity of the movies is going to be completely thrown off simply because Wolverine meets Xviaver and some of the X-men in the 70's. That completely changes how events in X1 would roll out, not to mention other smaller changes, such as Beast not knowing Logan in X3.

Point being, things are going to change. This movie basically gives them free reign to change as much as they want. And there are a lot of things that they should change.

There's no way to know how much they're going to change, but they are going to be changing things, which I only see as a good thing.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote