View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #141
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: X-Men 3...seriously fans/people--WHY all the hate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Logan View Post
That's kind of the point I was making though. It's not really Ratners X-Men, it's still Singer's X-Men. I personally don't see anything in X3 that defines it as being made by Brett Ratner. It's like Fox gave him a set of rules that were meant for Singer's universe and Ratner got lucky with a few of the characters. The biggest reason I say that is because of what Vaughn did with FC. FC WAS Vaughn's film and it shows.

Trust me, I'm not grouping you in with anyone. I don't know if I would call Singer's films "great". I think you're the first person I've seen give Vaughn the credit.
Your reply wasn't aimed at me but The Last Stand was 'Ratnerised' quite a bit though. Quick edits and fast camera shots that made it feel like too much was happening too quickly without any time for actors to act or for subtleties and subtext to be portrayed.

He allowed horrid dialogue to remain in the script and he didn't get the best out of McKellen and Stewart. He also chose the option for Rogue to take the cure, overruling the producers who wanted her not to be cured.

So there are many things he could have done better. But there are also things he did very well.