View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #28
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Cool Re: Batman 89 vs Batman Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Great post.

I watched Mask Of The Phantasm recently and there are times when the nostalgia kicks in and other times it's just clear to me that it might be the best Batman movie of all time.
It is. Only The Dark Knight came close as far as live action goes IMO. But the good thing is I do feel we're getting a lot closer to that unanimous "definitive" Batman movie that hits all the angles for all fans.

Especially since people in hollywood now finally realize the amount of depth that exists within the source material and could be mined to create a gem of a movie even more now in light of TDKT's popularity with the mainstream.

The one thing I appreciate about Batman Begins is that it not only brought in a new generation of fans ensuring the longevity of the franchise. But it also woke up a lot of people as to how a Batman movie could be approached on a deeper thematic level. It let them know that there is more to Batman beneath the surface and opened them up to look deeper into the mythology than they had before. Sort of like what the Arkham games did with a lot of non comic book reading gamers.

Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote