View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #111
BlackFox
Name on the trophy?

Default Re: The Wolverine - Bloodier Extended Director's Cut on Bluray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I'm with you on this, it was one of those things where I'd have preferred a more traditional route but understood the route they chose.

I think Yashida having the robot suit designed to resemble the classic armor we saw in the case made sense as Japanese are very traditional, so him paying homage to his ancestry gave the design a credibility.

My biggest issue was that it didn't really produce a very good fight with Wolverine, maybe it was time or budget constraints but I thought Wolverine vs Robo-Samurai was a bit lackluster.
Yes although the film may not have applied the letter of the law in terms of staying faithful to the comic book it always adhered to its spirit. If you must have a large robotic suit of armor in your comic book film, make sure its a damn cool samurai looking one, that they achieved

Honestly if this film had come out at the time Origins did, before all the Ironman films it wouldnt suffer half the flack it gets for the third act

As for your final paragraph I think the problem is it could never live up to the fight on the train or the Shingen showdown or (fingers crossed) the ninja fight (when we get it) so it was always going to feel lacklustre a touch. I was still recovering from that Shigen duel the first time I watched it that the Robo fight flashed by with me still in a daze of what had come before.