Originally Posted by Illuminata
Since leaving New York City in 2006 Anna has spent almost zero time in New York City. Why would she? She's a married woman with twin babies and can't just jet off to see "old friends". Whatever took her to New York City was big work related. It wouldn't be True Blood because offices of HBO would be in Burbank.
Free Ride is an indie film with little exposure and I doubt seriously a small studio like Phase 4 would waste Paquin's time for anything. Especially since it was an acquisition. Hell Focus Features (label of Universal Studios) would never waste her time that way.
Her travel to New York coincides the day after Comic Con makes me believe she and Bryan had something scheduled to do in NYC. The point that Bryan himself mentioned in a recent interview that he filmed in New York gives me pause to think that might have been Paquin's time lensing. Stewart mentioned that the actors would be flying back and for picking up pieces here and there for filming.
Moyer just played Chicago in Los Angeles (Hollywood bowl) last week I believe. Paquin was not around to attend which makes me believe she was deep in filming why else would she miss her hubby's big opening at the Bowl.
1. Anna has friends in NY and had paid them visits:
Nowadays I remembered this Interview where her husband said the 23 she has been traveling for work, and that after Chicago they're leaving to their London home for a long family holidays.
But you still have that:
2. Anna said Phase 4 and Casm Films said they're going to work together in marketing this movie:
3. Phase 4 has made a multimillion deal to expand their content acquisitions and distribution pipeline and the fact that FR is going to be their first release after the new deal makes think that a meeting with one of the producers is perfectly reasonable:
4. She's a producer with a well known name in the business. She can have more projects that need a final push (Civilianaire Boys' Club, The Pin Hotel...)
5. Anna attended all Chicago performances:
Basically, she took a flight the 22 and the 27 was in LA, with her first birthday as mother the 24. Her travel to NY was for 1 night, 2 at best. I still think it can mean another business meeting more than filming DOFP.
By the way, Anna lives in Venice, not Santa Monica.