View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #968
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
The Moto X was finally revealed. It'll be on the 4 major networks for $200 with a 2-year contract. Honestly, it looks like a Nexus 4 but you can customize the colors. Nice, but nothing incredibly impressive.
Spec-wise I'm not that impressed after sifting through the fluff. It's a regular dual-core main processor with two separate low cores added to it, and they're grouping the GPU (it has four sub-cores) as part of the eight-core. It's definitely a good idea that they're utilizing each core for better efficiency, but it's exactly as Moto and Google stated the phone would be in terms of specs; a mid-range offering focusing more on the experience rather than tech.

My main concern with it though is what I've seen from XBO and how Kinect 2.0 will always be listening. I'm the paranoid type that hopes the feature can be such off if I decide to get the phone, but now there is a whole core that will not be used because it's not part of the main CPU.

The only real advantage I see myself utilizing the feature would be having a true hands free driving experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
I think it's funny that 4,3 inch counts as Mini these days. I think that my Razr Maxx is big as hell.
I think Samsung is to thank for that.