View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #175
Nell2ThaIzzay

Default Re: Is orgins still apart of the timeline now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I don't really see the need of disregarding Origins as one of the "canon films". Like what happens, if FOX disregard it? Are they gonna do another film featuring the origin story of Wolverine? They don't even need to address the things that happened in Origins in the future movies.

The only problems I see are if they want to retell the origin of Cyclops and if they want to use Deadpool again. But with a good writer, it can be solved easily without ignoring what happened in Origins.
I doubt they will really want to retell the origin of Cyclops, and if they want to use him in some future X-Men film, they still can. Cyclops was recruited by Xavier in X-Men Origins: Wolverine afterall, so they really don't have to work much magic to make it happen.

As far as Deadpool is concerned, this is about the one exception where I don't care if a future Deadpool movie keeping X-Men Origins: Wolverine in continuity or not. Deadpool is just as much an independent source material as it is attached to the X-Men material. Deadpool has his own source material, and isn't just a spinoff property of the X-Men universe. They could completely disregard his appearance in X-Men Origins: Wolverine in a future Deadpool movie, and I won't be worried about it one bit, as it will probably be its own world anyways independent of the X-Men film universe.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote