Old 08-05-2013, 01:40 AM   #89
Farren
Side Kicker

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
I worry that they're settling for questionable scripts because they've created a system much like that of their comics: got to have a story to turn in before the deadline, got to make sure it's fitting into the latest big event, don't forget the editorial mandates.
I could maybe see that after watching IM2, but do you still feel this way after Avengers, IM3, and the rest? They don't give me that vibe at all.
Avengers might be an exception since it's such a huge focus of Marvel's and they want to really nail it, plus Whedon being Whedon. I missed IM3 so I can't make a call there though from what I've heard I get what you mean. I HOPE I'm wrong, but I feel like we've gotten a mixed bag so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
I Hated how Caps man out of time story was glossed over in Avengers, now that he's battled Aliens and seen SHIELD Tech they can't show his transition to modern day culture, facination with modern tech ect... Huge miseed opportunity for the character.
I agree that always seemed like a wasted opportunity.

Maybe they'll back up a little for this film. It could be explained that he was living in a lot of isolation up to the Avengers because he was having problems adjusting and having to catch up so quickly on things. He did seem fairly comfortable with all the tech around him in Avengers, but perhaps he was following the great motto, 'fake it til you make it'.