View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 03:52 AM   #27
Nell2ThaIzzay

Default Re: First Class 3 or X-Men 5?

Jesus Christ.

This series doesn't need 5 more films. Like, Days Of Future Past, and -maybe- one more film after that. 2 at the absolute tops.

These characters have had their arcs, the stories and the world have all pretty much been brought to a conclusion, now it's just being milked.

Ironically enough, the last films, X-Men: First Class, The Wolverine, and most likely X-Men: Days Of Future Past, the films being made to milk the franchise for all it's worth, are getting treated with quality and care, whereas the movies before that, X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine, both of which added greatly to the world that had been set up, didn't quite get the care they deserved (my feelings of these films aside, I can acknowledge they weren't treated properly).

Quality over quantity. People complain about how Hollywood lacks creativity and just does the same thing over and over again, but then these same people want reboot after reboot after reboot for any movie that's ever been made, and wants constant sequel after sequel for franchises that quite frankly have run their course.

X-Men: Days Of Future Past is a nice little reunion / event film, but this franchise has run it's course. At the end of the day, we'll have at least 7 films. I think we can count on both hands the number of quality film franchises that have gotten this far. Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, James Bond, Batman, perhaps a certain argument can be made for Alien and Predator, but even if there's a couple I may have forgotten, the point is, film franchises don't typically get as many installments as the X-Men franchise have. Yet the fans keep crying for "MORE MORE MORE!!!" as if somehow we haven't gotten enough. It's a spoiled, entitled attitude that leads to ruining a franchise by running it into the ground, and quite frankly, I care about these characters and these movies way too much to see it run into the ground by overkilling the franchise via needless spin-offs, sequels, and reboots.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote