View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #340
StreetWarrior
Respectfully disagreeing.

Default Re: What DIDN'T you like about Iron Man 3? *SPOILER ALERT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
A lot of things here is my rant. (Sorry for those who liked it)
The tone was off, it's a family friendly Christmas comedy...
There are so many jokes in the film and it felt like a buddy cop film. They overkill it and destroys most of the serious moments. Humour is subjective but there are jokes about Dora the Explorer and Downdown Abby, is that the target audience? Little Iron Man is in this film and doesn't explore Stark's character that well. Extermis was ok but they missed an opportunity to use it with the Iron Man armour. The kid was annoying and on to the the big F*** up. The Mandarin
While he was a D lister the way they handled him makes Venom in Spider-Man 3 look like Ledger's Joker... Seriously
3 1/2 out of 10. Only MS film I out right hated.

Agreed. I can forgive what they did to the Mandarin (if you focus on the fact that Killian really was the Mandarin) but the tone destroyed the movie for me. It was silly throughout. Humor is good but it was taken WAY too far in this. Iron Man shouldn't be as dark as the Nolan Batman films but it shouldn't be as goofy as a "Jingle All the Way". Also:
  • Lack of suit time
  • Use of Iron Patriot instead of War Machine (useless and lame change)
  • Tony's bodycount. Killing should be done when absolutely neccessary but should never be done gleefully ("Heal from that!")
  • Weak armor(s)
Love Iron Man. Liked Iron Man II. Hated nearly everything about Iron Man 3. I really wish I could enjoy the film as much as others seem to but Marvel is so much better than this.

Last edited by StreetWarrior; 08-05-2013 at 11:15 AM.
StreetWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote