View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #37
Nell2ThaIzzay
Johnny Russo

Default Re: First Class 3 or X-Men 5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I could see that argument for Wolverine, but First Class is a huge part of DOFP. I wouldn't call that unnecessary. It's a huge part of this franchise now, and could play an even bigger role post DOFP.
Even then, X-Men: First Class was setting up for something else.

You have Xavier off with his team of Havok, Banshee, and Beast, meanwhile Magneto is forming his Brotherhood with Mystique, Azazel, Riptide, Angel, and Emma Frost.

None of these characters are going to be here, except for Beast, Havok, and Mystique. It's not picking up where First Class left off, it's just combining two different casts.

I'm not saying I'm not excited, and I'm not saying it won't be good, I actually think it will be my favorite X-Men movie yet, but to be perfectly honest, X-Men: First Class wasn't needed to set up Days Of Future Past. They could have gone back in time to past versions of themselves without that movie.

The movies are just obvious cash grabs to keep the rights alive at this point. Somehow, these films are the ones that have been treated with care, which is rather ironic.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote