View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #41
Nell2ThaIzzay
Johnny Russo

Default Re: First Class 3 or X-Men 5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I don't know. Until DOFP comes out it is really difficult to see where this franchise wants to go. First Class could still have their sequels and the OT may be done, or vice versa. I can't really see Singer letting go of either tbh.

If DOFP is good flick that will be a new track record for consecutive X-Men films, I think the franchise is in the best position quality wise it's ever been.
I should go ahead and say that I don't think X-Men: First Class, The Wolverine or X-Men: Days Of Future Past are running the franchise into the ground.

What I do believe is that this franchise should be nearing the end of it's run, because I think it is getting dangerously close to over extending itself and running itself into the ground. I think that 2 parallel series' (a First Class series, and a 2nd OT series), or on-going spinoffs either for solo characters or for things like X-Force are that over extending. On some level, sequels beyond Days Of Future Past could be too much as well.

The poster above me said that Days Of Future Past could be seen as a send off for Hugh and the OT cast - there's a very big part of me that says that Days Of Future Past should be a send off for the X-Men franchise as a whole.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote