View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #189
Thoix
Side-Kick

Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
I think I'm about to drop a tear. I never thought I'd see the day when someone would say this so I could wholeheartedly agree.

I hated they turned Loki into a rag doll, no matter how many people could have laughed at that. I see with horror how many movies don't mind to treat great villains as some gag material for a few cheap laughs. It took all dignity out of the character like that. And as if that hadn't been enough they had him moaning with this cartoony face. I'm all for Hulk smashing him, but in a cool battle, like what Hulk had against Thor earlier, not like a Tom & Jerry episode.

And yes, when I talked about humor going against the characters and what they are, I was thinking specifically about "He's adopted." This is Thor, proud god of thunder who would defend his brother against these earthlings talking garbage about him, no matter how evil he might be. And in fact he was very aggressive towards those who were talking bad about Loki. And then BAM! Joke-time! Let's forget about who the character is and let's have this sitcom-like laugh moment!
I completely agree. It pains me how they made Loki so utterly pathetic in the final battle when he startrd off so strong and intmiating in the first place. Thr scene with Hulk and Loki is just painful to sit through now. I originally laughed too, but it only worked the first time. It's the same thing with most of the humor of this movie; they're just a bunch cheap laughs I expect from a bad comedy.

Thoix is offline   Reply With Quote