View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #62
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Default Re: What didn't you like about the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
^ I am sure they could have added the samurai training aspect by reducing some of the unnessary stuff. For example, did we really need Harada? What was the purpose of that character?

Logan would still have been at his lowest, making the martial arts training difficult, but it would have been able to help him move on. He wouldn't have started as a "badass martial artist". It would have actually been funny to see the master beat Wolverine's rage with unparralled skill. This would have added a whole new dimension to on-screen Wolvie.

I guess what I'm saying is that all of your reasons to not include this don't hold water since you could have still done everything you bring up, which might of actually have been enhanced with Wolvie being trained as a Samurai!

This was a lost opportunity for Wolverine's on-screen character!
I don't think you really understand storytelling technique.

Just shoving stuff in there that doesn't fit the narrative is what people having been complaining about for X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and something the franchise has been moving past with X-Men: First Class and now The Wolverine.

You don't just toss something in that has nothing to do with the story you're telling just for the sake of doing it.

And if Harada was as insignificant as you say, and this samurai stuff was as in depth as you want, then no, taking out Harada is not an even swap for samurai.

But the difference is, Harada is a part of the story this movie was telling. Samurai Logan is not.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote