View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #63
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: What didn't you like about the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
^ I am sure they could have added the samurai training aspect by reducing some of the unnessary stuff. For example, did we really need Harada? What was the purpose of that character?

Logan would still have been at his lowest, making the martial arts training difficult, but it would have been able to help him move on. He wouldn't have started as a "badass martial artist". It would have actually been funny to see the master beat Wolverine's rage with unparralled skill. This would have added a whole new dimension to on-screen Wolvie.

I guess what I'm saying is that all of your reasons to not include this don't hold water since you could have still done everything you bring up, which might of actually have been enhanced with Wolvie being trained as a Samurai!

This was a lost opportunity for Wolverine's on-screen character and it wouldn't have been a diversion if it was incorporated into the story properly!
Well, I know I'm right in my assumptions of it being an unnecessary element since they chose not to put your idea into the movie. Therefore, it can't have been one that fitted or worked.

Seriously, the film did not need to show Wolverine suddenly saying 'Hey, can I learn karate' or whatever.

If the crux of the story had been Wolverine going to Japan in a desperate bid to control his animal nature, then that might have fitted. But that wasn't the story they were telling.

We also needed to see berserker rage (at last, after Origins made him a pussycat) not him doing kung-fu manoeuvres in a gown.