View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #82
Legion
Side-Kick

Default Re: What didn't you like about the film?

I didn't like the style of the action. I prefer the action in X2 and X1. This was too quick cut and wasn't realistic. Too many random Yakuza getting tossed into the air by a swipe of the claws.

I didn't like Wolverine losing his healing factor. This is an overused plot device and they could have come up with a better way of using it. This film actually had TWO different methods of taking away Logan's powers.

Wolverine lost his powers but he didn't learn to be more cautious and the film didn't focus on his fighting abilities. After losing his healing powers he was still eating bullets and getting pummeled by yakuza.

When he finally got his healing powers back he pretty much just let Shingen eviscerate him. I would have liked to have seen Wolverine at a disadvantage against the highly Shingen but the tides turn when Wolverine's rage is unleashed.

I look back to the comic when Wolverine fought the Mandarin and the brain washed Psylocke. Psylocke believed she had the advantage because of her telepathy but Wolverine proclaimed that she had never fought a man who's thoughts and actions were one. That's what I wanted to see here.

I didn't have as much of a problem with SS as much as the SS reveal and what followed. Just more cliches that the film could have done without.

For a movie that claimed to be a stand alone story, it lifted a few plot points from it's predecessor. The main offenders being that hot adamantium can cut through adamantium or that adamantium can damage adamantium. Wolverine and Deathstrike exchanged blows in X2 with no permanent damage.

It was in Origins where Wolverine with claws heated by optic blasts was able to decapitate Deadpool who had also gone through the adamantium bonding process. Stryker was also able to penetrate Wolverine's skull with an adamantium bullet.

If they wanted to be shocking and do something that would "change Wolverine forever", I just think there could have been a better way to do it.

Legion is offline   Reply With Quote