View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #69
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: First Class 3 or X-Men 5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
The only aging actors that concern me are McKellen and Stewart. While it would be a big loss to see these guys leave, they've both put in the hours already and are not the be all and end all of this franchise. There are other villains, and the X-Men can continue without Professor X. We even have younger incarnations of these characters, played by a pair of great actors.

Hugh Jackman's time as Wolverine may be winding down, but he still sounds pretty enthused about the character so we really don't know what will happen. Halle and Famke have both appeared to be very interested in reprising their roles. These people may be a little older than the average action stars by now, but it's hardly a dire situation. They no doubt look better than any of us will in our 40's lol.

It really comes down to Stewart and McKellen, but despite my love for both, I have to ask: Are two old guys really such a big draw to this franchise?
I do think we might get Stewart again in the next movie after DOFP, I don't think they will kill his character again like this soon. But I agree, that X-Men could move on without Professor X. We have yet to see a X-Men team film without Prof X's presence. It will be really interesting to see Storm, Wolverine and the rest work together without Professor X in the entire movie.

With Ian McKellen, I'm not sure. I think the modern-day X-Men could move on fighting against new villains and Magneto doesn't always have to be in the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Lawrence, Fassbender, Hoult and McAvoy are far more popular now than when First Class debuted back in 2011 so they can easily carry a movie by themselves in the current market even moreso than the original cast. Hell, Lawrence is already carrying an entire quadrilogy by herself.

Not to mention they can certainly bolster a direct First Class sequel with even more popular young talent out in the market right now.
You always say that, but GA usually remember JLaw for Hunger Games not the X-Men.

This franchise is not gonna lose any fans, if she doesn't come back for another X-Men film after DOFP.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote