View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 02:47 AM   #20
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: Underrated CB movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
I think a better question would be,why is SM3 hated?

To be honest,the only examples I've seen are either "Peter dancing/air gunning people" (It's a scant few minutes.Even if you hated those two minutes,how does that nullify the other 2hrs and 18 minutes?I hated the extreme close up of Batman's butt in Batman Forever,but it's ten seconds in an otherwise solid film )

The other is the "MJ is a shrew" complaints.I find it funny that I'm not a stickler for realism,but I seem to be one of the few that finds the realistic approach to Pete & MJ's relationship refreshing.It's not perfect,but what relationship is?

Not to cop out on the question,but I'd say I enjoyed most of it.It would be easier to say what I didn't like:

The purist in me hates the retcon of Ben's death,but I felt it worthwhile in the end,since there wasn't much that could turn Pete to the Dark Side.Having Pete think Uncle Ben's killer was still out there was the perfect catalyst.

Harry's storyline really should've gotten it's own film.It gets put on the back burner for most of the film,and there had to be a better solution than having the "Butler" resolve the plot.

The "New Goblin" costume was crap.But I can't fault them after the merciless teasing the Green Gobin's costume took from fanboys.You get what you deserve,I suppose.
Senator Pleasury thanks you for your detailed reply.

I'll just refer to the "few seconds ruining a whole movie" subject you mention. I see it the following way: it's like saying that a tiny little fly on the plate can ruin your soup. Or that a little black spot can ruin the whole white carpet. I seriously believe a few seconds and/or scenes can actually ruin a movie.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote