View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 02:18 AM   #722
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!

Default Re: "Are These All The Reviews You Brought?" -The Official Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Nice! Glad its at least higher then Elysium. That was really one of the worst written films I've seen this year. Not that it matters in the end, but I don't get how these critics look at films anymore.

I thought people were being way too tough on the comic flicks this year. The Comic flicks were just as entertaining if not better then all the other big blockbusters released imo.
I have to agree if it wasnt for CBM's and TW especially this would have been one weak year for movie's.

Compared to the competition I have seen, which may not be many granted, things like Oblivion was great looking but a bit dull, Red 2 was pretty dire, Die Hard was one of the worst films I have ever seen, even Gi Joe 2 was on par with these and I didnt really expect that to be honest from a film based on a kids toy. Worlds End had some funny moments at least but I would take IM3 over most of these and that was the worst CBM for me this year.

I do fear for Elysium and Kick-Ass2, reviews on the first seem mixed but then TW was too so we shall see. I spose Thor 2 and The Hobbit might see the year end well, but then not being a huge fan of the proceeding film for either of those two doesnt bode well for me.

It seems though that you have to be a kids cartoon to get great ratings these days. I dont think its some great conspiracy against comic book movies, some in the past have had great reviews but maybe that CBM fatigue some people talk about is getting to some folk.