View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #90
DarkSentinel
Always DS

Default Re: Write-A-Scene for the Superman/Batman movie

Another scene from my WORLD'S FINEST dabblings enjoy

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
CUT TO EXT: METROPOLIS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

A BLACK GULFSTREAM IV with the words “WAYNE ENTERPRISES” along the fuselage lands at a private airstrip, where a BLACK LIMOUSINE is waiting. With a HISS the airlock opens and a flight of stairs slides to the ground.

Following a STATELY, ELDERLY MAN is BRUCE WAYNE, CEO of Wayne Enterprises. Early 30’s, black-haired with a stern disposition, for such a young man he has an air of seniority. He enters the limousine, which speeds away from the airstrip.

Wayne casually looks out the window at the hundreds of cranes, bulldozers, dump trucks and tractors with “LEXCORP” labeled on them as they rebuild dozens of skyscrapers.

WAYNE
Alfred?

ALFRED (driver)
Sir?

WAYNE
Luthor knows I’m here, right?

ALFRED
Of course, sir. He was told explicitly to clear his schedule for you.

WAYNE
Perfect.

INT. LEX LUTHOR’S OFFICE

Sunlight shines through floor-to-ceiling windows through Luthor’s EXTRAVAGANT TECHNOMODERN OFFICE SUITE. Luthor is standing with his hands folded behind his back, overseeing the rebuilding of Metropolis beyond LexCorp Tower.

ASSISTANT
(telecom)
Mr. Luthor, your eleven-thirty is here.

LUTHOR
Send him in, Mercy.

The door opens. Luthor doesn’t turn around.

LUTHOR
Bruce Wayne...the Prince of Gotham himself.

WAYNE
(sits opposite the desk)
Alexander. Thank you for seeing me on such short notice.

Luthor turns around and smiles the smile of a businessman. Calculating, cold.

LUTHOR
History repeats itself doesn’t it? Lionel Luthor and Thomas Wayne...you and I...
(takes a seat)
What is it about Metropolis that would make Gotham’s most reclusive bachelor come out of his cave?

WAYNE
Cute. I don’t have time for riddles, Lex. And I don’t have time for petty competition. I simply want to offer my help. Not to mention I have some personal stake in this. Your resident savior did take out one of my satellites.

LUTHOR
Petty competition? I’ve outgrown such high-school ambitions, Wayne. And we could always use the help. I’m not about to bankrupt my company just to make a good impression.

WAYNE
Although it does help your campaign for mayor.

LUTHOR
Although it does, yes.

A tense silence billows between them as Luthor leans back in his high-backed chair. Wayne notices the jade meteorite, seemingly on display on Luthor’s desk.

WAYNE
Been to China recently?

LUTHOR
(follows Wayne’s eyes)
Actually this is quite an interesting specimen. But it’s not jade. It’s a meteoroid fragment.

WAYNE
Interesting...

Wayne’s eyes zero in on the fragment, as if trying to examine it.

LUTHOR
(impatient)
So, do you want to talk numbers or what?

WAYNE
No need. My crews will handle everything from 37th Street to Metro Avenue. I just felt compelled to inform you.

Wayne stands and extends his hand to Luthor. Lex eyes it like a questionable meal but shakes it begrudgingly. Wayne offers the slightest hint of a smile, more of a sneer, and releases his grip.

CONTINUOUS – LEXCORP LOBBY

Alfred is patiently waiting for Wayne as he exits the elevator, thumbing through his smartphone.

ALFRED
(absentmindedly)
I trust your business proved amicable, sir?

WAYNE
That’s one way of putting it. My phone?

ALFRED
(hands phone to Wayne)
Updated and synced, sir.

CLOSE ON the phone in Wayne’s hand, and we see what appears to be SECURITY CAMERA FOOTAGE of Luthor’s office. Wayne zooms in on the meteor fragment on Luthor’s desk.

WAYNE
Now what are you...?

MATHION Returns...
?

*T*
DarkSentinel is offline   Reply With Quote