View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #80
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
While I won't put a price tag on it just yet, there are two substantial reasons why I believe DoFP will be a gigantic blockbuster:

1.) The Cast: You guys mention these other CBMs, but none of them have this many critically-acclaimed, Academy Award winners under one roof. Just Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan and Anna Paquin alone has box office blitzkrieg written all over it. But when you ADD young titans like Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy? It's simply just a hugely combustible combination of talented actors on screen. People don't just pay to see great SFX...they also pay to see great acting first and foremost. We will get loads of it with DoFP's cast. That equals big bank.

2.) The Reunion Factor: Closely related to my No. 1 reason, bringing the old cast back together after so many years may have a similar impact to Avengers--especially some of them have been seen in solo films since X-Men: The Last Stand. People pay for nostalgia. Audiences love familiarity and seeing the OT cast together will just feel good again. And let's be honest: the entire modern day comic book movie phenomenon started in 2000 with Bryan Singer's X-Men. That film closed the chapter on the cheesiness of the old 80s Batman and Superman franchises and opened the doors for the entire Marvel Universe to be taken seriously.

Spider-Man, Avengers, Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, etc...all of these successful franchises are "the children."

But The X-Men is the mother who birthed them all.
The return of the original cast will definitely be a big selling point! Its a first for a superhero film series!

Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, Hulk (and soon Fantastic Four/Batman) have been rebooted so they couldn't capture that feeling of having the original cast coming back for another film (after a long break) but X-Men will. With X-Men we got a 8 year break from the OT cast to make room for the spin-offs and now that people know the OT cast is officially back, the X-Men are once again in people's radar. First Class/The Wolverine were never in people's radar 12 to 5 months before its release date. And the fact that X-Men started this wave of superhero film series is a big plus!

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 08-10-2013 at 11:28 PM.