View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #85
psylockolussus
Mutated User

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Trending on internet doesn't really mean much - it tends to make things appear much bigger than they really are.

And if I remember right none of the box office sites predicted The Wolverine to have the lowest domestic opening of any X-Men movie. Which nonetheless happened.
The Wolverine didn't have a buzz like this last year. The buzz for that movie only started this March when we saw the trailer. And the box-office predictions for The Wolverine were completely OFF The marketing was weak and I was right with my prediction with an opening weekend gross of 40 to 60 million.

The Wolverine also didn't trend a lot MONTHS before its release. And DOFp has been trending since last year starting with the cast announcements, Singer's tweets in Twitter about the film, the Quicksilver situation, Comic-Con panel, The Wolverine's mid-credits scene and now the leak footage.

The Wolverine didn't get much attention like what DOFP is getting right now, 9 months before the release date.

Finding Dory, The Conjuring 2, Civil War, Beyond, Ghostbusters, Jason, Apocalypse, Legend of Tarzan, Angry Birds, Suicide Squad, Out of the Shadows, Through the Looking Glass, Collision Course, Resurgence, Warcraft.

www.twitter.com/xmenmoviesandtv

Last edited by psylockolussus; 08-10-2013 at 10:25 PM.