View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #70
justpassinby
Side-Kick

Default Re: Lol...if i didnīt know the critics and GAīs score for this movie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by milost View Post
and showing a miserable, unlikable, hermit that wallows in his own self pity
Sorry, agreeing with most of you're saying, but I found him pretty appealing as recluse Bruce. Had that dry humor and a general "I don't care" attitude to him, I thought he was cool

Also,
Quote:
would have been better than, "Bane on a Plane"
NoooooooooooOOOOO… keep the ****ing plane intro in there, what the hell man!

Seriously, I think one of the more interesting aspects of brainstorming about an alternative script, is how to incorporate most of this version’s Bane into that different context.
Here, he comes on the scene as Bruce’s/Gordon’s repressed nightmare about their house of cards collapsing one day… more generally, everyone’s fears about the functional society they’ve been spend so much time and effort on fixing, falling apart before their eyes again, and all the horrors that would unleash on humanity... again. Here to end the borrowed time they’ve all been living on… well, there goes that awesome line I guess, but what might he be about if placed, say, a bit closer to TDK, maybe while its crime problems are still being worked on? I’ve no idea honestly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla View Post
Absolutely

The strange thing is that sentiment of cheapen's and all that when is the same exact writers of both movies. They knew exactly what they wrote and what was TDK's setup. But hey , i've read here , in this boards , that Christopher Nolan didn't understand TDK
Well... yea?
Not saying he didn't understand TDK myself, but generally, creators not understanding their own work is something that happens.
And what happens even more often is a creator releasing something awesome, and then losing their mojo in the aftermath.

Creation is a complicated process - a lot of it is done by your brain, and that not always with your full awareness; and also it's extremely easy to lose the thread in the process or after a break. **** happens, and writers aren't gods.

The funny thing is that Nolan himself was expressing doubts about the success of a third sequel, citing previous failures by other franchises, before/while working on it (not sure if he did afterwards, though), so apparently he wasn't as convinced about his everlasting infallibility as you are.
You're all individuals

Last edited by justpassinby; 08-11-2013 at 12:22 AM.
justpassinby is offline   Reply With Quote