View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 01:23 AM   #90
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more]

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
DOFP is like mix of Avengers, Star Wars Episode 7, Back to the Future and Transformers!!! It will be very appealing to the general audience.
Honestly, I think that remains to be seen. However, if the trailers are kick ass, and they have the likes of sci fi king/acting titans like Ian and Patrick, women love seeing Hugh Jackman all buffed up, Oscar winner and True Blood star Anna, Oscar winner and every1s favorite villain Halle Berry, I think Fox can market that for everything its worth.

I am a huge Fassbender fan based on his acting skills alone. Fox can market this two fold with Fassbender, Mcavoy, Lawrence along with the OTC.

Remember those specials on FOX for the OT, like mini prequels to each movie? I think those were effective. I hope they go back to doing that. But GOD, the OT and FC cast on GMA would be epic! Fox has the cards to play!

I don't think it will make or cross 1 billion but I'm looking at 500 mil or more. X-men, unlike the comic, is a niche in the movie verse. And they have built some good will with critics and general audiences alike with FC and a decent Wolverine.