View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 02:16 AM   #93
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I just think that it's way too early to predict big things now based on trending, tweeting and an incomplete leaked lowres trailer. And that while the film has some factors going for it, it also has other factors working against it.

Maybe the new stuff like time travel and robots will get the audience's interest, but then it's not like they were never seen on screen before. And dystopian movies are honestly dime a dozen these days. Will the public think them special because they were never used in an X-Men movie? Maybe, maybe not.
Agreed. Fox shot themselves in the foot with how they handled the change in creative leadership for X3. But Rothman is gone, I believe?

One thing Fox has going for it at this point is that they can promote the hell out of this movie 10 fold just because of the acting talent. They are in a wining position for the moment. I also believe Singer being back with help with cinema buffs. They generally loved his work with the first two X-films and they will be talking about his return in the lead up to DOFP release.

The ball is in their court! We peons will just have to wait. For some, they must keep unrealistic numbers in check!