View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #962
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Default Re: Thor: The Dark World Trailer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Killian kidnapped and tortured Pepper, both to punish her for rejecting him and to use her as leverage to make Tony help with Extremis. After all she went through at his hands it was fitting that she delivered the death blow. Best of all, the ending of Iron Man 3 turned the lame-ass "Hero saves his defenseless girlfriend" trope on its ear. But then, the entire movie did nothing but subvert worn-out genre tropes for 2.25 hours, which is probably why so many hate it.
Also in that moment, calling back to earlier, she literally becomes "the one thing [he] can't live without".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
I really liked the score of the first movie but from the looks of this trailer I think this should have a bit of a darker score, at least for parts of it. This new threat is much more malevolent than Loki was, as he never was truly evil. I still want to see some themes being reused by the new composer though, although with as much change that's been done to the visuals I guess the music is pretty likely to change as well, new composer and all.
Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of the score in the first film. Liked it but didn't love it. I often thought it was overly bombastic rather than epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Hemsworth looks different in that gif. Thinner or something.
He caught the malnourish from hanging around Evans too much! They must be quarantined before it spreads further!

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...

Last edited by Moridin; 08-11-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote