View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #90
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Lol...if i didnīt know the critics and GAīs score for this movie...

As I've told milost recently, I'm not gonna get into a multiquote battle. I just have to make that clear now, because I'm much less interested in trying to prove anyone "wrong" point by point than I am merely trying to voice my own views on the movie in as concise a way as possible...so that maybe, just maybe people will stop feeling the need to perform tedious autopsies on this movie in an attempt to prove something and will realize that it's all just opinion. The point by point route is a tennis match that can go on forever, so if dissecting my posts in such a way makes you feel like you've got the upper hand...by all means, continue doing it.

Bottom line, we're back to arguing that the Nolans misunderstood their own movie and that's just not something that I buy for a second. And the assumption that a movie more closely tied into the aftermath Knight would've been inherently better is nothing more than just that...an assumption and an opinion. Not one I necessarily agree with. And if that's not the movie the story the Nolans and Goyer felt interested in telling, is that somehow wrong? Would we have rather seen someone else's version of a more direct TDK followup than Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises? I guess for some the answer would be yes.

I do however kind of agree that the first two form a sort of duology, with the third film coming in as its own thing while being a conclusion to those movies. The way it blends elements of the first two (very different) movies together makes it all come together in a very classic trilogy sort of way for me though.

Anyway justpassinby, you strike me as a "writer type" seeing as you referenced tvtropes. So hey, I respect your views and I'm sorry if I was treating you like a troll earlier...though you kind of make it hard to tell for sure sometimes. But I want to address one thing you said...about how TDKR works as you're watching but only leaves you disappointed after. No, see that's not how it was at all for me. It had thoroughly convinced me of the worth of the story that they chose to tell, so by the time it was all said and done, worrying about how the setup of the movie followed the conclusion of TDK was one of the furthest things from my mind. Though, I still felt like the movie overall was an appropriate follow-up and trilogy capper Or "optional" trilogy capper if you will (though I feel it's quite necessary thematically regardless of how you feel about the plot).

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 08-12-2013 at 06:45 PM.
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote