View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #98
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Lol...if i didnīt know the critics and GAīs score for this movie...

When I think about it, TDK's sequel couldn't have begun with Batman on the run, active as an outlaw while there's more freaks and criminals running around. So Batman is more villainous than the freaks/criminals/mob now? No that doesn't work. He's on the level with all of them? That could work, but then why is he active?? Why is he around at all if he cant take them down without being looked at as a hero? He's not supposed to show his heroism, that's why he need to stop taking down criminals in front of people after TDK. But then you say, you cant have mobsters and freaks running around with batman not doing anything. And that's correct, this is why TDKR makes sense.

Nolan says for TDK ending to mean something, for the lie to mean anything, it needs to work. For it to work, Batman needs to be viewed as the villain. Villains don't go around helping people or taking down baddies. This is why he's retired, even though he's still miserable and not moving on like the rest of Gotham.

For this to happen they obviously thought "we cant have villains roaming around with Batman retired, it doesn't seem right". Even TDKReturns tapped into that and I personally like it for the story but not for any other interpretation. If there's mobsters and freaks in Gotham, Batman has to be there.

Which is one of the reasons why the Dent Act was put into the story, I imagine. The other thing is if the lie worked, then Dent would become the ultimate hero of Gotham City. A MASSIVE hero. I can imagine a holiday for the man or a new prison in his name, things like this. And that's what happened. Just like Batman got a statue and God knows what else once he is revealed as the true hero.

As for the full circle talk? To say that it's just lazy and doing something over again, doesn't understand the poetry in callbacks and bringing things around again, almost in a destiny kind of way. Perhaps it's your beliefs, but this is why LOST is one of my favorite shows of all time and despite the controversial final season (reminds anyone of Rises?..) I loved it. All the full circle callbacks were emotional and yes it has a lot to do with "destiny".

Nolan says he didn't want to follow TDK with some other episodic story for Batman to deal with. 1 year on, 8 years on whatever fighting Riddler or some other villain like nothing ever happened in the previous film. Like Batman is just the villain like Riddler. Closing the chapter the way they chose to, bringing things full circle to Begins like a true trilogy should? That is far more interesting.

Im happy with what I got. If I want a different approach, ill get it with the reboot which im sure will be more visually appealing but not as well written. And yes I view Rises as a well written film. I still think it's the strongest Batman movie to date. Don't care WHAT ANYBODY says against me. I am NOT budging on my views. No man or woman has the ability to do that.

There. That was long, but only like 1/4 of the length of posts justpassinby delivers

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote