View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 04:45 AM   #456
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

You can't do just anything though. The movies still have their own inner logic despite being a sci-fi film. Jean is incapable of resurrection. She didn't really die herself in X2 (and she wasn't in the white hot room in The Wolverine).

That's why I think the only option left is an altered timeline where some of the previous events didn't happen. Otherwise we're left with hand wavey nonsense that completely dismissing the importance of anything that happened in X3. I know many don't think it's a great film, but I don't think it's a good idea to devalue what is there by saying it's now something else than what was presented at the time.

In Cyclops case I could make an exception with a good story to back it up because it was never really confirmed by anyone in that movie.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.