View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 08:35 AM   #462
Nell2ThaIzzay

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Time travel = cheesy. Astral plane gibberish not. Ok then...
As a means of resurrecting characters just cuz... yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
You can't do just anything though. The movies still have their own inner logic despite being a sci-fi film. Jean is incapable of resurrection. She didn't really die herself in X2 (and she wasn't in the white hot room in The Wolverine).

That's why I think the only option left is an altered timeline where some of the previous events didn't happen. Otherwise we're left with hand wavey nonsense that completely dismissing the importance of anything that happened in X3. I know many don't think it's a great film, but I don't think it's a good idea to devalue what is there by saying it's now something else than what was presented at the time.

In Cyclops case I could make an exception with a good story to back it up because it was never really confirmed by anyone in that movie.
It was confirmed though. By Jean Grey and by Xavier both. 2 people confirmed that Scott was dead. Both of those people were the people that would have psychic bonds with him, one of which was the woman he loved that actually killed him. He's dead.

You are right - despite being a sci-fi movie these films still have a scene of inner logic, which is why I don't want Cyclops back.

When you toss out that logic is when you create problems... and well... become a comic book

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!: