View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 12:35 PM   #96
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
The angle. but again, i still see Tom's profile. It reminds me of how he looked during the cage scene.

And again, why would they need a stunt double for that scene? Tom is a good actor, he can spar a bit with Chris Evans, he can definitely pretend to elbow someone. I think it is the camera angle, there is no reason why a double would be needed for that scene. Doubles are obviously used as minimally as possible. I don't know a lot about holywood, but if the actor is capable, I would think they would film the scene. I think Tom is capable of elbowing someone.

I think I am the minority on this here? I could be wrong, but in my eyes, there isn't any visual doubt that it's Tom lol
I agree with you. Tom has said he prefers to do as much as possible by himself without a stunt double. When they use stunt doubles, they have to redirect the camera away from the double's face, otherwise it's way too obvious. Tom said in an interview he hates seeing the back of his head and so he does as many of his own stunts as he can.

Since that shot in the trailer is pretty focused on the face, I doubt it's a double. Definitely Tom.

Last edited by OstrichsRevenge; 08-14-2013 at 12:46 PM.
OstrichsRevenge is offline   Reply With Quote