View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #67
Wine-N-Cheese
Side-Kick

Default Re: Which route should they go with Quicksilver's costume?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Uh, no. You may want to read the article again. It wasn't the author's conjecture, they stated as fact that they were looking for British actors.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-a-quicksilver

Considering that they did end up in talks with a young British actor for Quicksilver, I think it's safe to say that the article wasn't BS and the source was legit. As for Ronan shooting it down, she did that before Joss had finished the script and they weren't really in talks with any actors. Even with Aaron there weren't reports of him being in talks/Marvel's first choice until after Joss said he had finished the script back in June or early July. There haven't been any interviews with her since then so it's impossible to know where it's standing at now. And like I said it seems like they're casting Quicksilver first and then movie on to Scarlet Witch considering we haven't heard anything about her.
I didn't say the article was complete BS, but I'm not going to trust it. Though I'll admit that I may have misread "Except something to note is that they're going "British" for the role rather than trying to have actors playing Eastern Europeans" as an assumption.

Either way, I think you need to get over the idea having Ronan as Scarlet Witch already. SHH "heard word that" Ronan was a "prototype" (which is still a bit wtf??? to me), nothing about casting. Plus, don't you think Ronan's agent would have inquired about the role when the rumor came about, and that's why she shut it down? And why would Whedon be meeting with actresses, rather than just contacting Ronan directly, like they did Johnson?

Wine-N-Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote