View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #5
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

1. There are supposed to be more than one time traveler in DOFP. Singer loved the Animated series, and Bishop's presence in the film is not a coincidence.
2. I would hardly call it a Wolverine film when Singer added a huge slew of Mutants to the cast...atop of the Original Trilogy Cast and the First Class Cast.
3. Theoretically speaking, any Mutant character could be worthy of a solo film; however, at the end of the day, Wolverine is a popular character and will still do decent at the box office. But, in reality, a Cyclops solo film would not sell. Wolverine appeals to audiences the way Batman and Clint Eastwood do: he's a gritty antihero, the subject of a spaghetti western or ninja film.
4. I would not claim that Origins Wolverine did as well because of Gambit: Kitsch is far from a household name and the Not Emma Frost was not played up either. The film suffered because of terrible writing...which is inevitable when you hire the idiot who would later write A Good Day to Die Hard.
5. Again, while Jackman will have his defining moments in DOFP, he is not going outshadow the cast; especially when one is looking at a dozen A-League actors.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote