View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #117
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
^But thats subjective because The Phoenix Saga was one of the most acclaimed in the series and it had the "PEW PEW SPACESHIPS" in it. So I don't think that good story and having "weird stuff" are mutually exclusive in any way.
And all the "PEW PEW SPACESHIPS" getting removed for the movie was the best thing that ever happened to the Phoenix Saga in my opinion.

The Phoenix Saga went from a story that I had little to no interest in in the comics, to a story that redefined how I felt about Jean Grey and Phoenix in the movies.

I don't pretend to say that the Phoenix Saga was developed as much as it should have been in the movie, but the movie's treatment of the story actually got me interested in the story and skyrocketed Jean Grey's standing with me and how I felt about the character as a whole.

I love Bryan Singer and how he has handled the franchise to this point, and I love what he appears to be doing with Days Of Future Past, but his alleged treatment of the Phoenix Saga for his X-Men 3 is the one thing I'm glad never happened to this film franchise.

You are right, it is subjective, like most subjects on this franchise. All I can do, like everyone else, is discuss what I like about the series thus far, what I don't like about this series thus far, and what I hope does and doesn't happen with the franchise going forward. It's all subjective, true, just like anybody else's statements on the subject.

Last edited by Nell2ThaIzzay; 08-16-2013 at 01:03 PM.