Thread: Hulk vs Thor
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #106
Panthro
Catman Begins

Default Re: Hulk vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I can't say this did not make me smile... Because it did.

Ahem... Annnnnnyyyyywaaaay..............

I understand why many of the Thor faithful were unhappy with this mini movie. But I just ate it up. It really was like a comic book in motion. Even down to the plot contrivance that has the Hulk able to "almost kill" Thor, only to have another contrivance "bring him back from the brink". Isn't this what happens in comics all the time? Anger that Thor was "beaten" clouds the fans ability to see just how awesome this thing is. Thor does come off great in this. He and the entirety of Asgard look freaking stunning! Where else have Sif, Amora, Hela, Valkyrie, TW3 and the rest ever looked so good in animation? Even EMH did not do them justice. It's a shame to my eyes that the fans don't like this more. It's great. As fans of Marvel comics let me ask you, would you want more things like HULK vs. or more product like what is currently available? More AGENTS OF S.M.A.S.H., AVENGERS ASSEMBLE and ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN?
I'm sorry but how exactly did Thor and his fellow Asgardians "come off great" in this? They all basically played jobbers to the Hulk - most went down without a fight, Thor got the Passion of the Christ treatment just short of being nailed to a cross, just to show off why the Hulk is superior. That's not exactly coming off "great".

Heck, the animation and character designs weren't even that good. About the only thing I did like was the voice work on Loki, Sif and Amora and that doesn't make up for poor writing and poor animation on what was little more than Hulk propaganda.

New 52 Flash SUCKS

Last edited by Panthro; 08-17-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote