View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 02:44 AM   #60
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Default Re: Can Metallo character work in a Superman movie ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
But the film, IMHO, should be character driven. It should be about Clark and the exploration of how he interacts with others, including. And Batman shouldn't beat Superman. He should START OUT with the upper hand, but Superman should show him how silly it is to even try to fight by spinning Batman around or something.

But I like most of what you're saying. Batman should TOTALLY be a mysterious character that pursues Superman. Devoting screentime to Wayne tears the narrative focus in two, unless it's a quick shot of a Batcave. But I'd rather we not know it's Batman until he gets revealed when Superman confronts him during the fight (his X-ray vision sees the mask under the robo-suit).

It'd be a neater plot twist, and one that shows his intellect and stealth of the character. It also allows Batman to be dark and antagonistic, without being villainous.
i agree - character is what i am hoping for, suspense, intrigue, rooting for the good guy.

I want clark to feel threatened by a mysterious presence, he can't work it out -it's almost like magic to him, that someone can use the shadows, surroundings of an area to evade detection. He feels almost powerless against it, but what can he do, tell the police?

I want clark to pick up on something, like a sixth sense, he zooms in and see's a shadow lurking atop a roof.. he ofcourse is in public, so makes his excuses and instantly flies there, but nothing is there, except for a rolling trash can lid, another time, he awakes at night and his window is open - we then see bats on a roof top he has bugged clark - that kind of stuff - it just shows how damn smart bruce is.

I also want to see a pubic divided, superman saves the day but one by stander shouts out something similar to - 'what about the thousands dead, the children.. what about them?' it really pulls a cord.

Lex is pure political agenda, the NSA style army he prototypes is his vision of a safer metropolis - the tech he produces is the future - but the conflict there is that it is ironic that the tech to protect us is from the thing we are afraid of, so to speak.

I would also love to see the government narrow it down to like 5 people who they think is superman, due to facial recognition etc - bruce is tracking the government files and he too is on it - he somehow manages to alter the encoded file of the dimensions of superman's face. So when they try to match it with clark, it doesn't fit - therefore they will never find out who superman is and just accept he is not on record as a civilian - bruce knows though.

I'm trying to think of a film, as an example where someone is hunted and it's suspense - anyways.

I'd like batman to be in constant shadows, never in day light and never too close to superman - i would like batman to pull out trigger, his yellow utility belt rigged with explosives - 'one step closer superman and your work colleagues are ashes'

Batman comes off as a jerk, but he should.. he is testing superman - that's how they battle.

Vaibow is offline   Reply With Quote