View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #88
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Default Re: First Class 3 or X-Men 5?

If there is supposed to be some direct tie-in with FC3 and AoA (X5), then I think you would need to same director and the films would have to be shot back to back, under one creative vision. Summer 2017 and summer 2018. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense. You can't do a FC3 and then wait another 3 years for AoA and have the OT cast age another 6 years. That's just too much time, especially if they are barely featured in DoFP. Even if AoA predominantly features actors from the OT, I'd still try to incorporate flashbacks to past events, just to expand on FC3 and directly incorporate those elements into X5. I think that would be the only viable way to continue the franchise with both casts. The only way I see that happening is if DoFP is a near billion dollar grosser and Fox decides they have to lock up Singer for two more films, and of course he'd have the pull to bring back whomever he desires with all the good working relationships he has with this studio and actors.

While I think it is possible we get that scenario, I am going to wager DoFP ultimately doesn't end up doing that kind of business, and we get spinoff movies like X-Force. I still think FC3 is very likely, but they may give it a few years before coming back to that one, assuming everyone is still under contract. I think the OT is done, I really do.

Last edited by Mr.M; 08-19-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote