View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #90
NanaT
X-Men United!

Default Re: First Class 3 or X-Men 5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I do think a big indicator that they want to continue more with the FC cast is that DOFP mostly features them. We know most of the movie takes place in 1973 so the FC cast will be the main characters with the OT characters mainly being cameo's.

This may well just be last hurrah to the OT cast before Fox moves on with more FC movies but we will have to see I suppose. The performance of the movie will be a big factor also.
You see the thing I don't get with that thinking is why Fox would bother to pay eight different actor salaries in order for them to have just small roles in a film mainly about the FC, if it isn't to stage a comeback for the OT. I'm more inclined to believe that DOFP lays the foundation for the OT to return in a fixed timeline without all the glaring continuity errors and also paves the way for certain characters to come back.

I mean really and truly there is no other reason. If the studio believes in the first class cast enough to continue the franchise with only them then they really don't need the presence of the OT at all. However, If DOFP is the stepping stone for other OT movies then this would be the perfect opportunity for audiences to re familiarise themselves or in some cases be introduced to the OT characters before they feature in a movie of their own.

That's how I see it anyway.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote