View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #83
sontin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon - Part 1

It is not clear that
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Dave has no interest in a closer relationship with Mindy?

Wadlow showed it numerous times
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

that Dave thinks Mindy lives only for fighting crime and has no real life. The exact opposite to him who has friends, a normal live and a girlfriend.

The only reason he was suprised by the kiss It came out of nowhere for him and was out of character for Mindy from his perspective.

That is something i like so much about the script. For me as a viewer everything makes sense. Wadlow did a great job to bring both characters forward. Better than the Nolan nonsense in the Batman movies where characters change their motivations from one second to another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
So what's the deal with this film? I loved the first one (but thought the final act broke too much with the realistic atmosphere it was going for) and was planning to see this one. The trailer looked good. But it's rocking a super low score on Rotten Tomatoes. I'm kinda shocked. If it was in the 40's or 50's I might just figure that most of the critics don't understand it or were offended by the level of violence, but 28% is undeniably bad movie territory.
It's hard to say. You will not get another Kick-Ass 1: No eleven year old girl is slaughtering through human bodies, no Mark Strong, not the same great action scenes.

On the other hand: It gives all three main characters a lot more development and depth, is more realistic than the first one, has much better onliners.

I would say: Give it a try. It's great movie just to have fun and expands the Kick-Ass universe.

Last edited by sontin; 08-20-2013 at 10:34 AM.
sontin is offline   Reply With Quote