View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #92
K.Cruz
Side-Kick

Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
A dog's head getting cut off? Extreme. A rape scene? Extreme. Kids getting killed? Extreme. One of the characters dying is not an extreme. There's nothing overly violent about it. They kept to the key essence of the story. Things were removed due to NC-17 content, not because of the story.

I also explained why it was only natural for Hit Girl to kiss Dave and Dave not to react. "How can we have this story arc have a satisfying conclusion? We could have her kiss Dave, have her taking charge. Yeah, but Dave isn't really into her in that way. Well, then we can have Dave look repulsed by it. That way we show that Dave doesn't have feelings for her still and have Hit Girl progress. We kill two birds with one stone and we don't need to bring another guy into the picture taking up more time." This is what seems to have most likely happened, because this literally happens all the time - just you guys never read the drafts before it hits the screen.

As said - all you're doing is basing it around hypotheticals.

Also, I don't need to provide proof, since I've said this for about over a year now and for more than half a year have been deliberate in naming who I'm connected to.

Again, provide proof from the actual film other than your classic hypotheticals. I can say Kick Ass will toss Todd out as a friend after he finds out what happened and Todd will go back to Red Mist and argue up and down based on hypotheticals that that will happen. Does that mean it will? Not really, no.
If they weren't willing to let a dog that was just introduced in this movie die, they won't let hit-girl or Kick-ass die. I guarantee it. This is all assuming a third film gets made, which is getting more and more unlikely by the minute. The dog head thing was not removed for Nc-17 content. A similar scene was just featured on Game of Thrones and not that many people made a fuss about it. Plenty of rape scenes in R rated films, as well. Heck, they even took out Mindy getting arrested and added the whole crush on Dave business.

It's how Hollywood works. I thought you would know that since you claim to work in the industry. Millar himself said they changed things to make it more acceptable to a mainstream audience. The negative backlash if Hit-girl or Kick-ass were killed off would be very strong. It would hurt repeat viewings.

At no point does Dave look repulsed by the kiss. I've seen the movie twice now, and you are flat out making that up. He's surprised. That's all. No repulsion or disgust.

Your obnoxious posts are really something. The way you act like you're an expert and personally were shown earlier drafts. Note how most people disagree with you.

You were clearly watching a different movie from the rest of us.

There were many, many other ways to show that hit-girl had grown up other than having her get a crush in Dave. Even if it had just been the kiss out of nowhere, perhaps your argument would make sense. But no, they showed her coming to him with the whole "I have to see my Robin" stuff and then they showed her reaction to his body.

Yeah, sure. You don't have to prove anything. Gotta love the internet. Where anyone can pretend to be anyone. LOL.

They could have had Hit-girl's arc stay the same as it is in the comics. They didn't. They made a point to change it.

By the way, you're doing exactly what you're accusing others of. You're going on hypotheticals. Hypothetically, the dave/mindy stuff meant nothing. Hypothetically, the writers thought they were killing two birds with one stone. Hypothetically, Millar will absolutely have Hit-girl die or come up with some other depressing ending. Hypothetically, the movie will have those characters die just because that's what happens in the comics.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Last edited by K.Cruz; 08-20-2013 at 04:56 PM.
K.Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote