View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #43
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: The Official X-Men: Days of Future Past Merchandise

If it is indeed the case (as many of us think) that Marvel retains the rights for merchandising and television shows, then Fox should long ago have got hold of those rights by handing back Daredevil or even Fantastic Four.

Now they have lost Daredevil anyway (having been unable to get the movie into production in time) and are pressing ahead with another Fantastic Four movie. I seriously have my doubts that the F4 reboot will be a big success. People still remember the previous set of movies (they're either hated outright or thought of as cheesy and silly) and I doubt they will be tempted to go and see another set of films.

In my view, it might be better to hand back F4 in exchange for the remaining X-Men rights (merchandising and TV shows) so that we could have Sentinel toys, etc, etc.

But that doesn't seem to be happening so let's hope the new F4 movie is good. Retelling the origin was bad enough in Amazing Spider-Man (after a 12-year gap since Sam Raimi's first Spidey flick) so I don't know how critics and viewers will feel seeing a retelling of an F4 origin from a film that was only 10 years ago (by the time the F4 reboot is released). Having them go into space in search of the Phoenix Force - as mentioned by someone else on here - might be one neat way to go about it. The whole thing really does need to be remarkably different and have a very strong concept to get audiences to go and see it.