View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 01:57 AM   #105
usagicassidy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Rumoured New X Men Cartoon

For me, Wolverine and the X-Men is still the best X-cartoon we've had, and I'm so frustrated Disney/Marvel just canned Season 2, which was already starting production. We would have seen Psylocke and Colossus play major roles, and had an entire Age of Apocalypse saga (more Blink!).

WatXM's portrayal of Nightcrawler, Emma, Quicksilver, Angel, and Wanda are possibly the best we will likely ever get in an x-cartoon. And even though Wolverine was the focus, there were only TWO throwaway episodes (Hulk and Ninjas), the rest all built up to an incredible saga, involving Genosha, Days of Future Past, Sentinal Programs, Human vs Mutant vs Mutant, and Phoenix.

I did also love seasons 3 and 4 of Evolution. Season 1 was terrible. But season 2 did really start to kick it up a notch. The inclusion of the new recruits was wonderful, and episodes like On Angels Wings hinted at the more complex and darker sides of Evolution to be explored. Season 4, however short it was, made up for it in incredible content. And STILL no official DVD/bluray release.

X-Men TAS will always have a special place in my heart, but as I'm rewatching the show, I'm finding myself skipping over more and more episodes. Obviously Seasons 3 and 4 were epic, featuring long spanning sagas like (Dark) Phoenix and Beyond Good And Evil, but it just still feels a little stale in this day and age.

usagicassidy is offline   Reply With Quote