View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 05:36 AM   #214
sf2
Side-Kick

Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Good points.

No way do I see this as an MOS sequel. It's a team-up film and the best we can hope for is that Supes get half the time. Remember this is meant to launch a new Batman actor so there is going to have to be a lot of focus there.

That focus means the Lois and Clark relationship which was barely touched on in MOS will get crimped for screen-time. Plus development of Superman's character from where it was left off in MOS may get short changed.

The problem for the MOS franchise is that by the timcharacters in films you really can't back to an MOS2 for 6 or more years. MOS forgotten by then. WB would basically have to reboot.

I see this as WB sacrificing the MOS franchise to get to JL. Its not just Avengers but look at the huge boost IronMan 3 got. You gotta know WB is going to be looking closely at Thor2. That film looks incredible and if it is and if Avengers does similar things for it as it did for IM3, 800 million WW may be doable for Thor.

If Thor blows away the BO then I expect WB will redouble efforts to get JL out ASAP. Maybe 2 years after WF. Three at most.
I hate to agree with u.
N i see people around me are interezted in Thor2.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote