View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #77
Mister Meddle
The Barber of Seville

Default Re: The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Figures adjusted for inflation would suggest that The Dark Knight was still bigger, but Batman opened in half as many cinemas. Overall, I would agree that Batman was the bigger cultural phenomenon. In part, that was due to the unprecedented hype, but it was also a film unlike anything seen before.
Ah okay. I had no idea about the number of theaters it was playing at. Thanks for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
The amazing thing about the B89 phenomenon was that the film was marketed almost soley around the Batsymbol. That symbol was so iconic that it was all they needed to plaster on posters to get people in to see the film. You knew exactly what you were going to get...Batman.
There are different versions of Batman's emblem but the one that everyone is very familiar with is the oval version. It has such a powerful presence. I love seeing clips (on YouTube) that showed billboards for the 1989 Batman movie that had nothing other than the oval Batman emblem. There was no need to add the title of the movie or any slogans. People just knew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruerToTheCore View Post
And sadly enough you weren't getting him but a midget who makes girls drunk to sleep with him just to wear a costume later to sedate, grope and scare her.
I have no idea what movie you're talking about but you're obviously in the wrong thread.

Last edited by Mister Meddle; 08-22-2013 at 12:22 PM.