View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #79
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruerToTheCore View Post
And sadly enough you weren't getting him but a midget who makes girls drunk to sleep with him just to wear a costume later to sedate, grope and scare her.
lmao! You're leaving out quite a bit! But honestly, Bruce, as awesome as he was played by Keaton...never felt like Bruce Wayne to me. I never felt like I was given the public billionaire Bruce Wayne of Wayne Enterprises who EVERYBODY knows (including his obvious tragic backstory). How do people not know his parents and what happened to them?

He was more quirky. In public and in private. Stuttering sometimes. Is this Clark Kent at Daily Planet or Peter Parker? Or is this Bruce Wayne? They even gave the guy glasses.

He wasn't built. He was an average guy who suddenly puts the batsuit on and the rubber makes him intimidating. And it WAS intimidating. His Batman was amazing. But I could have done without the killing. That stuff always makes me think of Punisher or something.

Funny Bruce Wayne, but Christian Bale felt more like Bruce to me. Same with Kilmer. Batman? Keaton got a lot of things right that even Bale didn't.