View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #82
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Default Re: The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Meddle View Post
Ah okay. I had no idea about the number of theaters it was playing at. Thanks for the link.

There are different versions of Batman's emblem but the one that everyone is very familiar with is the oval version. It has such a powerful presence. I love seeing clips (on YouTube) that showed billboards for the 1989 Batman movie that had nothing other than the oval Batman emblem. There was no need to add the title of the movie or any slogans. People just knew.

Even when I was in Ecuador at the time of the movie the hype was huge just because of that logo even though the Adam West series had long been off the air, I would even cut out of newspapers the movie ad until it was no longer in theaters and the size in the ad would get smaller as each week went by.

Sadly over in Ecuador we didn't get the Taco Bell cups, comic book adaptations and the T-shirts we'd get were all pirated and sold on streets.