Old 08-23-2013, 04:27 AM   #630
Hordakfan
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 1

You make kickass gifs Kane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
BTAS Episode: Robin’s Reckoning, Part 1

Great episode, i felt sorry for Robin as i remembered how me with my big brother and dad thought it was sad when young Robin lost his family. TMS did great on the animation in this 2 parter and who liked that Akira nod? i didn't see Akira until i was 13 in 95 as i could see how that movie influenced everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindog421 View Post
Eh, just watched The Forgotten last night. Kind of crazy almost the whole last page of this thread has a bit about it. I love the revolting, spitting, slime ball. Also, Alfred in the Batwing is great. Is that what it is called in this?? I'm making my way through the series after not seeing since original play on tv. I probably like this show more now at 34 than I did then.
Did you like that I claim this land for Spain part? that made me laugh.

Quote:
BTAS Episode: The Cape and Cowl Conspiracy

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/516...n-the-animated
One of my dad's fave episodes and he liked it as i did but not one of my faves.

Quote:
This was a perfect episode. (and I'm probably gonna make at least two more rounds of it.)

BTAS Episode: Perchance to Dream

AWESOME episode! one of my personal favorite episodes, i mean this episode kept the audience guessing and Selina was good looking in those 50's kind of clothes. I mean who knew that Mad Hatter was the baddie the whole time that was trying to screw with Bruce's mind.

Anyone else thinks Nolan got ideas for Inception from this episode? i think so as Nolan is a Batman fan and i bet he watched this episode and was inspired.

That line "I'll see you in your nightmares" was an epic line and the kind of line that Rambo or Schwartzenger would say.

Quote:
BTAS Episode: The Underdwellers
Weak episode as was the villain as Sewer King was kind of a Ninja Turtles villain than a Batman one, who agrees? and he looked like Howard Stern as a pirate.

Quote:
BTAS Episode: Night of the Ninja

Great episode! shows us Batman's ninja history and how he got his martial arts skills. One of my brother's favorite episodes.

Quote:
Going to make a few more of from this episode

BTAS Episode: The Strange Secret of Bruce Wayne

Great episode, one of my favorites! i liked how this introduced Hugo Strange and did anyone think he looked like that Doctor from that Bugs Bunny hospital cartoon? i do! i thought of it when i saw him.

Anyone loved it that Penguin, Joker and Two-Face interacted with each other? and did anyone thought it was funny when Two-Face said "Get out of my face clown?" then Joker says "Which one?" that made me and my brother laughed.

That line about being King of England was funny, i never knew Two-Face has a sense of humor. I also liked that "I'm gonna use your head for a bowling ball line" and where in the hell did Joker get that popcorn?

Judge Vargas looked like one of my first grade teachers so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
I really love Poison Ivy's design though, they made her look a lot sexier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I prefer the original. The original looked like Catwoman. The TNBA one was more like Catgirl. She was so much smaller than Bats.
Well ThePhantasm and Outriddled i think Ivy and Catwoman are hot in both animated incarnations, TNBA Catwoman costume owes more to Michelle Pfeifer's costume from Batman Returns don't you think? and Selina looks hot as a brunette as well, her brunette version looks just like Natassia Kinski from the 1982 Cat People remake, anyone else agrees? only her rack is bigger than Natassia's, LOL.

Ivy and Catwoman are both sexy no matter how they look ok? yet TNBA's Catwoman face is pasty when she puts on the costume and anyone thinks she looks like a Burton sketch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the5timechamp View Post
Two-Face is great.... though I did enjoy how Joker dismissed him in Death of the Family while lifting Riddler during the same time period.
Oh yes and who else noticed that Bull Shannon from Night Court was his voice? i didn't knew that until i saw the credits after the show and i thought he was perfection for the part, even his voice sounded like his Big Ben character from the 1986 cult horror comedy House (Remember that movie? he played the zombie soldier). I am an 80s kid and Richard moll is one of my favorite actors ever, i grew up with Night Court as it's one of my favorite shows as i was glad Moll got the part.

He was also in Sword and The Sorcerer, Night Train to Terror, The Flintstones and other stuff, and is he another one of anyone's favorite actors?

Quote:
BTAS Episode: Tyger, Tyger

Cool episode, one of my favorite episodes! This is like a cross between Island of Dr. Moreau, Freaked (Remember that 1993 comedy movie about the Randy Quaid mad scientist who mutates people into freaks? and it had Mr. T, Keanu Reeves, Alex Winter and Brooke Shields?), the Tiny Toons episode "Hare Raising Night" and Osamu Tezuka's Bagi The Monster of Mighty Nature (Watch this unique animated movie on youtube if your an animation fan).

Anyone thinks Dr. Dorian looks like David Cronenberg (the filmmaker who did Scanners, The Fly, History of Violence, Videodrome)? I thought so when i saw this episode as i did collected Fangoria magazines and loved Nightbreed. Tygrus was really cool and did anyone noticed the ape-man's name was Garth? i guess there's a Wayne's World reference since there is also a Wayne.

And did any guys here thought Selina in mutant cat-chick form was hot? i did, i remembered 20 years ago on my 12th birthday when this aired on a rerun (I missed out on it due to having a doctor appointment) and watched it with my friends and big brother. And when she crept out of the shadows in the exhibit like in that gif above to reveal her new look, i said "What the hell!" then after commercial break when she did that seductive pose in the enclosure exhibit of licking her arm i said "MY GOD! she's hot!" as i howled, wolf whistled and my jaw was dropped during the entire episode as i was staring at her and fantasizing about her, my friends and brother said i was crazy and they teased me. oh this episode brings back memories. I mean Catwoman is hot in any incarnation in movies/games/TV shows/comics especially in this episode and you have to admit mutant Selina is on par with other 80s/90s cartoon feline babes like Cleo on Heathcliff, Felicia from Darkstalkers, Cheetara and Pumraya on Thundercats, Jenny on Bucky O'Hare, Callie from Swat Kats, Kit mambo from Animalympics, M'ress from Star Trek TAS, Aishia Clan clan from Outlaw Star, Mirage from Aladdin etc.

Last edited by Hordakfan; 08-23-2013 at 04:31 AM.