View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #98
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: FOX Shared Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Besides Bats and Supes, DC aint looking so good man.
With the director/writer they have for their next superhero film, things aren't really looking so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Regardless they don't need to compete, they need to make use of what they own. Because money is to be made as well as new franchises. The more well known these characters get with good movies, the better the future will hold for Fox's properties. Are you trying to say Fox shouldn't make movies that already have a pre existing fan base? Cause they own alot. They can make:

Fantastic Four
Silver Silver
Wolverine
Deadpool
Gambit
New Mutants
X-Force
First Class
X-Men

That's 9 potential flicks and sequels that Fox can make money off of, all being relatively well known comic properties must studios would kill for. F4 and SS can meld into each other and lead into a huge sequel with Galactus. And X-Men are one of Fox's top grossers that have a world as large as the MCU. They may not build to a team movie like the MCU does, but they can have big crossovers like DOFP and AOA. They know by watching The MCU take off that an expanded universe works and doesn't go over an audiences head. So why the hell not make use of their characters? Siting on them will no good.
IMO, with the things you listed, X-Men/Fantastic Four/Wolverine are the only ones that have the chance of success. The other ones will be seen a spin-off and spin-off usually sell lesser than the main series. If those "spin-offs" don't do well it might hurt the entire franchise.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote